The Securing Networks with Cisco Firepower Next-Generation Firewall (SSNGFW) v1.0 is a 5-day instructor-led course that introduces learners to the powerful features of Cisco Firepower Threat Defense, including VPN configuration, traffic control, NAT configuration, SSL decryption, advanced NGFW and NGIPS tuning and configuration, analysis, and troubleshooting.
This course will show students how to use and configure Cisco Firepower Threat Defense technology, beginning with initial device setup and configuration and including routing, high availability, Cisco ASA to Firepower Threat Defense migration, traffic control, and Network Address Translation (NAT).
The course will then explore how to implement advanced Next-Generation Firewall (NGFW) and Next-Generation Intrusion Prevention System (NGIPS) features, including network intelligence, file type detection, network-based malware detection, and deep packet inspection.
Students will also learn how to configure site-to-site VPN, remote-access VPN, and SSL decryption before moving on to detailed analysis, system administration, and troubleshooting.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Describe key concepts of NGIPS and NGFW technology and the Cisco Firepower Threat Defense system, and identify deployment scenarios
- Perform initial Firepower Threat Defense device configuration and setup tasks
- Describe how to manage traffic and implement Quality of Service (QoS) using Cisco Firepower Threat Defense
- Describe how to implement NAT by using Cisco Firepower Threat Defense
- Perform an initial network discovery, using Cisco Firepower to identify hosts, applications, and services
- Describe the behavior, usage, and implementation procedure for access control policies
- Describe the concepts and procedures for implementing security Intelligence features
- Describe Cisco AMP for Networks and the procedures for implementing file control and Advanced Malware Protection
- Implement and manage intrusion policies
- Describe the components and configuration of site-to-site VPN
- Describe and configure a remote-access SSL VPN that uses Cisco AnyConnect
- Describe SSL decryption capabilities and usage