The 4-day Cybersecurity Satellite Systems course provides an understanding of unique vulnerabilities in SATCOM systems that are commonly exploited. Discover techniques and strategies for integrating cybersecurity measures into SATCOM systems, networks, products and critical missions from the start. Cyberattacks are increasing at an exponential rate, and SATCOM systems and satellite communications are becoming a prime target. Cybersecurity and Satellite Systems Training addresses all the key areas of satellite systems, including the management of the space and ground segments, Tracking, Telemetry and Command (TT&C) functions, uplink and downlink transmissions and network performance.
Cybersecurity and Satellite Systems Course is a knowledge-level course designed to provide a knowledge base of Cybersecurity applied to SATCOM. Lessons and exercises taught by subject matter experts will expand the student’s understanding of the space and radio frequency environments, capabilities and limitations of military and commercial SATCOM systems, threats to all segments of SATCOM, planning processes, cybersecurity attacks and mitigation techniques. This course will also provide continued education/training for space professionals to obtain foundation knowledge and develop an understanding of basic skills in the application of SATCOM concepts to cybersecurity operations.
- Understand the fundamental principles of satellite systems and their components.
- Identify potential cybersecurity threats and vulnerabilities in satellite communication.
- Implement encryption and authentication mechanisms to secure satellite communication channels.
- Explore techniques for monitoring and detecting cyber threats in satellite systems.
- Develop skills in conducting risk assessments and creating mitigation strategies for satellite systems.
- Examine case studies of real-world cybersecurity incidents in satellite systems and draw lessons from them.
- Learn best practices for securing ground stations and satellite control infrastructure.
- Acquire knowledge of international regulations and standards related to cybersecurity in satellite systems.
- Participate in hands-on exercises to apply cybersecurity concepts to satellite system scenarios.
- Collaborate with peers to solve practical challenges and case studies in the field of satellite systems security.