CompTIA PenTest+ is for cybersecurity professionals tasked with penetration testing and vulnerability management. PenTest+ is unique because our certification requires a candidate to demonstrate the hands-on ability and knowledge to test devices in new environments such as the cloud and mobile, in addition to traditional desktops and servers. CompTIA PenTest+ meets the ISO 17024 standard. Regulators and government rely on ANSI accreditation because it provides confidence and trust in the outputs of an accredited program. Over 1.3 million CompTIA ISO/ANSI-accredited exams have been delivered since January 1, 2011.
- CompTIA PenTest+ assesses the most up-to-date penetration testing, and vulnerability assessment and management skills necessary to determine the resiliency of the network against attacks.
- Successful candidates will have the intermediate skills required to customize assessment frameworks to effectively collaborate on and report findings.
- Candidates will also have the best practices to communicate recommended strategies to improve the overall state of IT security.
- Planning And Scoping - Explain the importance of planning and key aspects of compliance-based assessments
- Information Gathering And Vulnerability Identification - Gather information to prepare for exploitation then perform a vulnerability scan and analyze results
- Attacks And Exploits - Exploit network, wireless, application, and RF-based vulnerabilities, summarize physical security attacks, and perform post-exploitation techniques
- Penetration Testing Tools - Conduct information gathering exercises with various tools and analyze output and basic scripts (limited to: Bash, Python, Ruby, PowerShell)
- Reporting And Communication - Utilize report writing and handling best practices explaining recommended mitigation strategies for discovered vulnerabilities