Python is used extensively to improve, automate, or speed up many tasks in the security world. If you’re a security professional and you’ve never coded with Python before then this is the place to start before going on to one of our more specialized Python courses. In this course you will learn how to use object types, flow statements, functions, data structures, file handling, modules, libraries, functions, and more to build scripts that perform security functions such as custom log parsing, data manipulation, or simple encryption. No previous coding experience is necessary.
- Explain the foundational concepts of scripting and the Python language
- Identify major object types and their application
- Implement control statements, branching and looping to establish flow in a script
- Employ modules and libraries to optimize code writing
- Analyze file inputs, using input/output libraries and regular expressions
- Identify and handle errors and exceptions
- Implement simple networking functions using TCP/IP sockets